- To provide high quality tutoring in fundamental English and Maths skills
- To create a welcoming, inclusive environment for pupils and volunteers
- To build confidence and resilience in the young people
- CLASSS is a registered charity established by Anne Williamson & Abdul Jalloh in 2008, to help young people from Leeds to develop their educational potential.
- We are a supplementary school and offer evening classes run by volunteer tutors, to help children improve their fundamental skills in Maths, English and Science.
- We aim to tailor tuition to the specific needs of each individual student, and encourage the involvement of parents and schools to help achieve this goal.
- Classes run on Thursday evenings between 5.30-7.30pm during term time
At CLASSS we employ a policy of positive behaviour management.
- We aim to promote an atmosphere of mutual respect.
Tutors work one-on-one with students where possible, or with pairs or small groups of students. We are registered with the Charity Commission and Children’s Services Leeds as a Supplementary School and also with the National Resource Centre for Supplementary Education with which we have obtained their bronze award.
CLASSS is built on the work of volunteers, members of the community and donations. There are a variety of ways in which you can support us:
Our classes are held at Technorth, Harrogate Road, Leeds, LS7 3NB, every Thursday evening during term time at 5.45 – 7.30.