- To provide high quality tutoring in fundamental English and Maths skills
- To create a welcoming, inclusive environment for pupils and volunteers
- To build confidence and resilience in the young people
- CLASSS is a registered charity established by Anne Williamson & Abdul Jalloh in 2008, to help young people from Leeds to develop their educational potential.
- We are a supplementary school and offer evening classes run by volunteer tutors, to help children improve their fundamental skills in Maths and English.
- We aim to tailor tuition to the specific needs of each individual student, and encourage the involvement of parents and schools to help achieve this goal.
- Classes run on Thursday evenings between 5.30-7.30pm during term time
- At CLASSS we employ a policy of positive behaviour management.
- We aim to promote an atmosphere of mutual respect.
Tutors work one-on-one with students where possible, or with pairs or small groups of students. We are registered with the Charity Commission and Children’s Services Leeds as a Supplementary School and also with the National Resource Centre for Supplementary Education with which we have obtained their bronze award.
- CLASSS is managed by Samantha Scarlett since September 2019.
- Our Volunteer Coordinator is Charlie Stewart.
- Our Fundraising Coordinator is James Whitley.
- Our Communications Coordinator position is currently vacant! If you’re interested see our volunteers page.
- Our Literacy Coordinator is Jenny Atkinson
- To join our management team please visit the Volunteers Page.
CLASSS is built on the work of volunteers, members of the community and donations. There are a variety of ways in which you can support us:
Our classes are held at Technorth, Harrogate Road, Leeds, LS7 3NB, every Thursday evening during term time at 5.45 – 7.30.